Thursday, July 10, 2008

running a bit behind...

I kept meaning to post for the 4th of July... and it didn't happen. :) Better late than never, right?

We had a great long weekend. I had a half day on Thursday, so J and I went shopping and out to dinner. Friday was wonderful-- we got up early and caught up on some yardwork (and I ended up on the roof :)). We worked very very hard, and made a small dent in the long list of things that need to be done, as evidenced by my husband's "dirt leggings" in the cell phone picture below. (You're a good man, honey!)
After thorough showers and a nap, we went to my parents' house for BBQ, washers, puppy playtime and fireworks at the local mall parking lot :) An odd place to watch fireworks, I know, (especially for what is known as a more upscale suburb) but a lot easier than trying to go downtown. It was nice to be able to relax in camp chairs with the cooler and just enjoy... (again, crap-tastic cell phone picture)

Saturday we ran errands and did more work around the house, and Sunday... well, we can't remember what we did Sunday, which means that 1) I need to blog sooner and 2)it must not have been too memorable. :) It was SO nice to get so much done, and also have time to relax for once!! Hope everyone else had a great 4th!

0 comments: